Localized Flooding Possible with Rain in the Forecast All Week
SAN ANGELO, TX -- Forecasters are calling for a wet week in West Texas as a potential hurricane threatens the Gulf Coast.
According to the National Weather Service office in San Angelo, scattered thunderstorms will be possible today and tonight.
Localized flooding due to heavy rainfall is the main hazard. Strong gusty winds and dangerous lightning are also possible.
Wednesday through Monday, periods of scattered showers and thunderstorms will be possible into next weekend. Some of the rainfall may be heavy at times.
The main hazard will be flooding due to locally heavy rainfall. In addition, cloud to ground lightning and gusty winds will also be concerns.
There's a 60 percent chance of additional rain today and a 40 percent chance tonight with chances around 50 percent for the next six days.