2 Men and Teen Found Dead at Hunting Camp Near Bangs
BROWNWOOD, TX—Three men were found dead at a deer hunting camp between Brownwood and Bangs Saturday afternoon, according to Brown County Sheriff Vance Hill.
Brown County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a hunting camp that had what was described as a “box trailer” that had been converted into a camp. Inside, deputies discovered the bodies of three males, all of whom the sheriff believes were from the same family. He termed the victims as multi-generational, from three generations
“Ages are from early teens to 69. No names are being released pending positive identification and notification of next of kin,” the sheriff stated in a press release.
The sheriff said the likely cause of the deaths was carbon monoxide poisoning from a propane heater inside the trailer. There was no ventilation. The sheriff did not indicate foul play was involved.
“This is a very tragic loss. Our prayers are with family and friends,” the sheriff stated.
“At least one of the individuals resided in Brown county. I want to caution everyone about this. Ventilation is necessary when using these types of heaters in confined places. Carbon monoxide detectors are very inexpensive to purchase,” the sheriff said.
Jan. 2, 2018 Update: Read the update on the identities on the victims.