San Angelo Prepared for Youth Football Amid Pandemic
SAN ANGELO, TX – The City of San Angelo is preparing for their annual kids football leagues.
Registration for flag football ends August 21. Please keep in mind safety guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19 will be in place.
**Subject to change as things are updated with local and state officials.**
In compliance with the Governor’s orders, everyone age 10 and up must wear a mask. If a child is playing in the 10U division, we will require them to wear a mask even though the entire team may not be 10 and up.
Spectators should maintain at least six feet social distancing from individuals not within the spectator’s group. All employees and customers must wear a face covering over the nose and mouth wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another individual not in the same household or, for those engaging in physical activities outdoors, wherever the individual is not able to maintain a safe physical distance from others not in the same household.
- Three quads will be used and two fields on each quad to allow for better social distancing.
- A line will be added at center field and teams will be requested to stay on their side and not allowed to follow the ball down the field.
- One entrance and one exit for each field, unless an emergency situation comes up.
- Spectators request to be limited to family member only. Following guidelines chart from City.
- No bleachers will be placed on the sidelines for spectators or players.
- Teams will use their own assigned flags signed out by City Recreation.
- Recreation staff will disinfect restrooms hourly.
- Signs are posted at each entrance to TBSC stating mask required, reminding people to sanitize or wash their hands, and to social distance.
- Schedules will be accomplished so teams will have time to leave and clear the fields before the next teams are allowed on the fields.
- Places for lines marked at concession line for people to social distance.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.