SAN ANGELO, TX – Day two of the winter weather advisory is causing a number of businesses, schools, and churches to delay opening. (Note this is an updating story)
As previously reported, on Oct. 26, a number of closures occurred including a majority of schools in the area. Here is the full story: List of Weather-Related Closures and Delays for Tuesday
The following is a list of schools that have closed or adjusted its hours:
- Crockett County ISD - "BREAKING: Due to weather forecast of moisture combined with freezing temperatures, CCCCSD will delay the start of school on Wednesday October 28, 2020 until 10:00 am. Buses will run for a 10:00 am start. All staff will report to their respective campus at 9:30 am. I appreciate our local emergency services in keeping us safe - CCCCSD Superintendent Raul Chavarria"
- Bronte ISD - "Due the current forecasted moisture and the freezing temperatures in the earlier morning hours. Bronte ISD will have a 10 am start in the morning. Buses may be running late depending on how much, if any, moisture falls."
- Glasscock ISD - "10 AM start on Wednesday, October 28th - Due to weather"
- Grape Creek ISD - "Due to expected inclement weather, Grape Creek ISD will be on a delayed start. Buses will run 2 hours delayed on Wednesday, October 28."
- Irion County - "Attention All Students & Parents: ICISD will have a delayed start Wednesday, October 28th. Buses will run two hours later than normal. School will begin @ 10 AM."
- Miles ISD - Miles ISD will have a 10am start on October 28, 2020, due to the possibility of icy roads. Breakfast will not be served. Thank you.
- Paint Rock ISD - "Due to the inclement weather, the Paint Rock ISD will be starting school 2 hours later on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. School will start at 10am. School Bus services will also operate 2 hours later than normal in the morning. The UIL District Cross Country meet has been moved back to a later time in the day and Paint Rock ISD runners will of course be there and showing off their awesome skills. Ron Cline Superintendent Paint Rock ISD"
- Premier High School - "PHS - San Angelo will be on a 2-hour delay tomorrow, Wednesday, October 28th. All on-campus morning classes will begin at 10:30 a.m. All afternoon classes will follow normal schedules and begin at 12:30. Parents and students are encouraged to check their emails for additional information. Stay safe and warm, PHS Family!"
- Reagan ISD - "Due to bad weather, RCISD will have a late start at 10:0 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28."
- Robert Lee ISD - "Robert Lee School will have a late start on Wednesday, October 28th. School starts at 10:00 with buses running two hours late. Thank you. Aaron Hood"
- San Angelo ISD - "San Angelo ISD campuses and offices will OPEN as regularly scheduled tomorrow, Wednesday, October 28, 2020. Elementary, middle and high schools will all open at normal start times. However, we anticipate some bus pick up times may be delayed due to route modifications made to avoid bridges and overpasses more prone to freezing. Currently, local forecasts call for continued precipitation throughout the night; however temperatures will remain above freezing. We will continue to monitor the weather overnight and throughout the morning. If weather conditions necessitate changes to the schedule, we will communicate that in the morning."
- Schleicher County ISD - "Due to inclement weather Schleicher County ISD will be delayed until 10 a.m. on Oct. 28."
- Sonora ISD - "Due to inclement weather, all Sonora ISD students will learn from home tomorrow, Wednesday, October 28th. Teachers will communicate through the Remind app, email and Google Classroom for further instructions. Thank you."
- Wall ISD - "Due to inclement weather, Wall ISD will start at 10 a.m. buses will run two hours late."
- Water Valley - "Due to the possibility of inclement weather tonight, WVISD will have a 10:00 start tomorrow, Wednesday"
The following is a list of businesses and churches that have adjusted their hours:
- Concho Educators Federal Credit Union - "We will probably do a one hour delay like we did today. President/CEO Jerry Merrill"
- Diocese of San Angelo - "As of right now we are planning on business as usual tomorrow. We typically mirror the SAISD’s decisions on delays and closures"
- Grape Creek Baptist Daycare -
- MHMR Services for the Concho Valley - "MHMR Services for the Concho Valley - MHMRCV According to Greg Rowe, MHMRCV Director, Wednesday October 28, depends on the weather and road conditions. As of now, there could be a 2 hour delay until 10:00am and follow SAISD schedule."
- Robin's Nest Childhood Services - "We will follow SAISD regarding delays or closures."
For the latest weather report see: NWS: Wintery Mix May Refreeze Roadways Tonight