SAN ANGELO, TX – With winter weather expected to hit tonight a number of schools, businesses and churches have adjusted their hours. (Note this will be an updating list so check back)
The following is a list of schools that have closed or adjusted its hours:
- Angelo State University - "Due to inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, classes at Angelo State University have been cancelled and the university will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 27. Essential staff personnel should contact their direct supervisor for more information."
- Angelo Catholic School - "Angelo Catholic School will be closed today due to inclement weather and unsafe driving conditions. We pray that you all stay safe and warm!"
- Ambleside School of San Angelo - "Due to icy weather conditions on roadways, overpasses and bridges and anticipated continued precipitation and freezing temperatures throughout the morning and afternoon, Ambleside School of San Angelo will be CLOSED today, October 27, 2020. Stay safe and warm everyone!"
- Blackwell ISD - "Due to hazardous road conditions and widespread sleet and ice, Blackwell CISD will be closed Tuesday, October 27."
- Bronte ISD - "Bronte ISD will be closed due to weather today, October 27, 2020. Classes will resume tomorrow. Please tune into media outlets for any updates."
- Christoval ISD - "Classes are canceled today. Please standby for further information on Athletic practices and Seniors taking the SAT. Stay safe!"
- Colorado ISD - "Colorado ISD will not have students in attendance at school tomorrow, Tuesday October 27th, however we will use the asynchronous learning model so instruction will happen, and hopefully learning will occur! Please check emails or other forms of communication from your teachers."
- Crockett County CISD - "Due to weather forecast of moisture combined with freezing temperatures, CCCCSD will delay the start of school on Tuesday, October 27, 2020 until 10 a.m. Buses will run for a 10 a.m. start. All staff will report to their respective campus at 9:30 a.m."
- Grape Creek ISD - "Due to expected inclement weather, Grape Creek ISD will move to remote instruction only for Oct. 27. Unless otherwise announced on this website, we will be back to in-person classes on Oct. 28. Parents, please watch for correspondence from your child's teacher concerning classwork to be completed. A link that with more explanation on how to access Google Classroom and assignments will be attached to this notice shortly. Buses will run 2 hours delayed on Wednesday, October 28."
- Howard College - "Howard College San Angelo and St. John's Campus will be closed Tuesday, 10-27-20 due to ongoing weather conditions. All face-to-face classes held on or originating from these campuses are canceled, all offices will be closed. Virtual (zoom) and online classes will continue as scheduled. Please check the college website for details and ongoing updates."
- Irion County ISD - "ICISD will have delayed start Tuesday, Oct. 27th Buses will run 2 hours late and school starts @ 10:00 AM."
- Kermit ISD - "Kermit ISD will start school at 10 a.m. on Oct. 27 due to inclement weather we are expecting tomorrow morning. Maintenance will report at 7 a.m. to help all campuses. Office staff and custodial crews are to report at 8 a.m. Central administration personnel and administrators are to report by 9 a.m. to answer phones and be available to the public. Teacher and support staff are to report by 9:15 a.m. Students will be allowed to be dropped off as early as 9:30 a.m. at each campus. We will continue to monitor the weather situation closely and keep you informed through the KISD website"
- Little Coconuts Learning Center - "We will be closed today Tuesday Oct 27 due to weather."
- Kids Are Us Learning Center - "We will be closed today Tuesday Oct 27 due to weather."
- Paint Rock ISD - “Due to expected inclement weather, the Paint Rock Independent School District will NOT be having school on Tuesday, October 27, 2020. All extra-curricular activities and events scheduled for the evenings of Monday, October 26, 2020, and Tuesday, October 27, 2020, are cancelled. No afterschool practices on Monday, October 26, 2020, or Tuesday, October 27, 2020.”
- Premier High School - "Due to declining weather conditions, PHS - San Angelo has made the decision to cancel all ON-CAMPUS classes tomorrow, Tuesday, October 27th. ALL students will be expected to work remotely tomorrow and adhere to our virtual check-in guidelines via Google Meets. Students who fail to check-in with their teacher AND work either on-line or in their Knowledge Units will be counted absent. Parents and students are encouraged to check for correspondence from classroom teachers regarding assignments, testing, etc. Be safe, PHS Family!
- Robert Lee ISD - "Robert Lee School will be closed today, October 27th. No online learning either."
- San Angelo ISD - "Due to icy weather conditions on roadways, overpasses and bridges and anticipated continued precipitation and freezing temperatures throughout the morning and afternoon, San Angelo ISD campuses and offices will be CLOSED for the day, today, October 27, 2020 for the safety of our students and staff."
- San Angelo Christian Academy - "Due to inclement weather, San Angelo Christian Academy has canceled classes on Tuesday, 27 October 2020."
- San Angelo Early Childhood Center - "We will be closing today as the roads are expected to deteriorate. See you tomorrow."
- Santa Rita Learning Academy - "We will follow SAISD and will CLOSE for the day. Praying to resume normal hours tomorrow! Be safe."
- TLCA San Angelo - "Texas Leadership of San Angelo will be Closed on Tuesday, Oct 27th due to weather & road conditions. Please check local media outlets, our website at TLCA-SanAngelo.com, and social media for further updates. In addition we will send an email and text message to our Eagle families. Stay safe and warm!"
- Trinity Lutheran School - "Due to icy weather conditions and for the safety of our students & staff both School & ECC will be CLOSED today, October 27, 2020."
- Veribest ISD - "Good morning Falcons, weather conditions have worsened overnight and roads and bridges are unsafe to drive on. Veribest ISD will be closed today, October 27, 2020. We plan for classes to resume tomorrow at regular time."
- Wall ISD - "School is closed today. 10:00 AM start tomorrow with buses running two hours late."
- Water Valley ISD - "Due to the expected inclement weather, WVISD will start at 10:00 am tomorrow morning, Tuesday, October 27. The buses will run 2 hours and 15 minutes later than normal. Stay safe!"
The following is a list of businesses and churches that have adjusted their hours:
- Blaine's Pub - "Blaine's is opening on time at 7 a.m."
- City of San Angelo - "Due to icy conditions on roadways, overpasses and bridges, as well as continued precipitation throughout the morning and afternoon, City of San Angelo offices will be CLOSED today, October 27. City offices will reopen at 8 a.m. on October 28.
- COVID-19 daily report: Since City offices are closed today due to inclement weather, there will be no COVID-19 report today. Tomorrow, the health department will send two separate reports out: one for Tuesday and one for Wednesday.
- Republic Services: Trash service is running today.
- Council Valley Council of Governments and the Concho Valley Transit District are closed today.
Dead Horse - “Due to icy conditions we will be closed today! Safety first!”
- Diocese of San Angelo - "The offices of the Diocese of San Angelo will remain closed for the day, Tuesday, October 27, 2020."
- Freedom Fellowship - "Freedom Family, All classes for this Monday night, Oct. 26, have been canceled. Stay warm. Sincerely Diane Ohlemacher."
- Goodfellow AFB - "GOODFELLOW AFB CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER: Due to weather/road conditions, Goodfellow AFB is closed/activities cancelled for all non-mission essential personnel for Tuesday, October 27. Dining Facilities and AAFES facilities hours remain the same. The Child Development Center (CDC) and School Age Program is closed. The Goodfellow AFB North Gate is closed. Goodfellow AFB Jacobson (South) gate is open and will maintain 24-hour operations."
Holy Angels Catholic Church - “The 8:30am mass at Holy Angels on Tuesday is cancelled.
- La Esperanza Clinic - "Due to icy conditions on roads today as well as continued precipitation and freezing temperatures La Esperanza Clinic will be closed today, October 27, 2020."
- MHMRCV - ": Due to anticipated inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, MHMR Services for the Concho Valley will be closed today, October 27."
- Robins Nest Daycare - "Robin's Nest is closed today due to weather."
- Tom Green County: "Tom Green County offices will be closed on Tuesday October 27 due to the inclement weather."
- Elections and voting: "Early voting is closed today and will resume on Wednesday, October 28 at the Keyes building, 113 W. Beauregard."
- West Texas Rehab - "West Texas Rehab has made the decision to close all locations today due to weather. We will open for normal business hours on Wednesday, October 28th. Stay safe out there!"
- YMCA - "Attention Y Members and Guests: The facility is currently scheduled to open as planned on Tuesday, October 27. The Little Explorer's Preschool will be delayed until 10:00am. Should weather conditions change the Y will update accordingly."