SAPD Reminder; There is a City Curfew!Press Release
SAN ANGELO, TX -- (Press Release) In an effort to help teens avoid any terrible and unlucky encounters on this fateful day, Friday the 13th, the San Angelo Police Department is sharing the City’s Curfew Ordinance Sec. 8.07.031:
It shall be unlawful for any minor to knowingly remain, walk, run, stand, drive or ride about, in or upon any public place in the city between the hours of:
(1) 11:00 p.m. Sunday evening and 6:00 a.m. Monday morning;
(2) 11:00 p.m. Monday evening and 6:00 a.m. Tuesday morning;
(3) 11:00 p.m. Tuesday evening and 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning;
(4) 11:00 p.m. Wednesday evening and 6:00 a.m. Thursday morning;
(5) 11:00 p.m. Thursday evening and 6:00 a.m. Friday morning;
(6) 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning and 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning; and
(7) 12:01 a.m. Sunday morning and 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning.
(b) A parent or guardian of a minor commits an offense if he knowingly permits, or by insufficient control allows, the minor to remain in any public place or on the premises of any establishment within the city during curfew hours.
(c) The owner, operator, or any employee of an establishment commits an offense if he knowingly allows a minor to remain upon the premises of the establishment during curfew hours.
Each offense, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not exceeding five hundred dollars ($500.00).
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.