Abilene Man Electrocuted While Installing a Flagpole


ABILENE— An Abilene man died Friday after being electrocuted when a flagpole he was attempting to install fell into power lines in his yard.  

First responders were called to the 1100 block of Plaza Street in northwest Abilene Friday morning for the report of a man who had been electrocuted. The man, later identified as Paul McBurney, was installing a flagpole in his yard when it fell onto some power lines which were charged with around 7,000 volts of electricity.

Once medics and police arrived, they began CPR on McBurney who was eventually pronounced dead at the hospital.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos


Post a comment to this article here:

X Close