Sheriff Deputy Killed By Drunk Driver

HOUSTON, TX –– The Harris County Sheriff's Office is mourning the loss of Sergeant Ramon Gutierrez after he was killed by a drunk driver Monday.

According to the HCSO, Sgt. Gutierrez was working as an off-duty motorcycle escort for a large wide heavy load early Monday morning.

As Gutierrez blocked an exit ramp ahead of the wide loaf, a female driver drove around his motorcycle and struck him.

The woman drove off after striking Gutierrez but was quickly stopped and arrested by police. The woman, who has not been identified, has initially been charged with intoxication assault of a police officer.

Gutierrez was airlifted to the nearest hospital but ultimately succumbed to his injuries.

This means the driver could now face charges of intoxication manslaughter.

Gutierrez spent twenty years serving the Harris County Sheriff's Office, with the last thirteen years at the Vehicular Crimes Division.

He is survived by his wife and three children.

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.

Required

Most Recent Videos

Comments

ME Someone, Tue, 01/25/2022 - 16:07

Can we see his police record? Do we know how many times he arrested someone and they were found not guilty? How many times he testilied in court and they were found not guilty? If they have nothing to hide why not release his disciplinary and police records?

Also,

"As Gutierrez blocked an exit ramp ahead of the wide loaf"

That's a big LOAF

I'm sure the republicans will react to this comment by crying and screaming like they usually do.

Neither screaming nor crying, and for clarification, not affiliated with ANY political party, I assert that you have reached an all time low and should seek help. This man, a husband and father, while doing his duty to provide additional safety for a traffic situation, was killed. His record matters not. I know that you secretly rejoice every time you hear an officer has been killed, and I hope you get the psychiatric help you truly need. I will not argue with you in this forum, but you do need to be called out for your shameless comment.

ME Someone, Tue, 01/25/2022 - 17:36

So whenever someone is killed what they did in the past doesn't matter? Because you people have said otherwise before.

Quit licking boots.

Told you that these people would cry and scream at the truth they can't handle.

Damn.. And I thought I was bad !!
I'm feeling joyous now that my crown has been stolen by someone lower than a cockroach turd......

ME Someone, Tue, 01/25/2022 - 17:43

I LOVE it when you people cry and scream over little bitty words. One of you has encouraged me to do this more to show how thinned skinned republicans really are, and you so far have proven me right. KEEP IT UP I LOVE IT!

Who's the "snowflakes" now?

ME Someone, Tue, 01/25/2022 - 18:06

It has just been confirmed that the drunk driver was a registered republican.

ME Someone, Tue, 01/25/2022 - 19:29

You are the one replying to every single one of my comments.

And as I have explained before, there may be more than one person that uses and comments with this account.

ME Someone, Wed, 01/26/2022 - 06:20

Good to know simple little words have gotten the republicans all in a tantrum. Who's the snowflakes now?

This is further proof that repulicans are against accountability. When they bring up the past of someone they don't like (rittenhouse victims for instance) they are just using it to their political advantage, since if they actually cared about someone's past they would admit I have a point here.

I love it when they prove me right, and this is a huge one.

ME Someone, Wed, 01/26/2022 - 07:11

Can't handle your own hypocrisy thrown in your face huh? Figures.

Hypocrisy? You compared an officer just doing his job getting hit by a car to people involved in a riot that were attacking someone. Just stop lol

ME Someone, Wed, 01/26/2022 - 09:40

Oh, so their past DOES matter when it is politically convenient for republicans?

Figures. Double hypocrisy.

"Just stop lol"

Why don't you leave if you don't like it here? Isn't that what you people tell me?

ME Someone, Wed, 01/26/2022 - 17:06

You don't have any counter argument, like usual, I think, there are two of you with the same name because you are totally not in a cult so I am not sure which is which.

Me Someone..if you are happy at the death of a member of law enforcement do you think our society would be better off without them?

ME Someone, Wed, 01/26/2022 - 17:03

Where did I say I was "happy" he died? I didn't. I just want to see his disciplinary records. It's the republicans here who are saying the "happy about dying" part as a way to change the narrative in their favor since they are usually the first one's to point out someone's bad past, but this time it doesn't work in their favor so they are lashing out, just like I knew they would.