Attorney Arrested Three Times In One Year


SAN ANTONIO, TX – A San Antonio attorney is in legal trouble for the third time in a year after he assaulted multiple women, got into fights, and violated a protective order.

According to SAPD, early Sunday morning officers were dispatched to an apartment complex for reports of an assault in progress.

When officers arrived at the scene they learned 30-year-old Jonathan R. Perez had been involved in a fight with another man. The man told officers he did not wish to file a report and declined assistance.

Approximately ten minutes later, officers were once again dispatched to the same apartment complex for a new assault in progress. The same officer responded to the second call and when he arrived he saw Perez running down the stairs and yelling at a different man. This prompted the officer to place Perez in handcuffs.

The officer then observed a woman coming down the stairs yelling and showing visible injuries. According to the report, she had a swollen eye and red marks on her body.

During the preliminary investigation, a witness told the officers Perez had shoved the woman into a wall and then turned and kicked the witness's door. The impact left a large footprint on the witness's door. The woman told officers she had an active order of protection against Perez.

According to police, Perez was intoxicated and while in handcuffs he began hitting the windows of the patrol car, and a police wagon was called to transport the suspect.

Perez was taken to the University Hospital to be treated for his injuries and charged with assault of a family member and violation of a protective order.

But Perez is no stranger to legal troubles and has trouble keeping his hands to himself. Just last month he was arrested after bringing a firearm into a restaurant in Leon Valley.

According to that report, officers were dispatched to the restaurant after witnesses saw a woman arrive "crying, stating her boyfriend hit her." The woman had a "massive welt with fresh blood protruding," but was uncooperative when questioned by police.

Witnesses identified Perez and told police officers he was armed and inside the restaurant's bathroom. When the officers attempted to arrest Perez outside the bathroom he “refused to follow commands."

He was eventually arrested and officers located the gun in his waistband. Perez told police he was not licensed to carry a handgun.

In Texas, it is against the law to bring a firearm into an establishment that makes over 51 percent of its sales on alcohol. He was charged with carrying a firearm into a location that serves alcohol.

Perez's first arrest was last year after he harassed an ex-girlfriend.

According to police, Perez would repeatedly visit the woman's workplace and ultimately escalated to firing a shot in the building's parking lot after the establishment closed. The ex-girlfriend confronted Perez and he claimed his friend fired the gun.

That same night Perez allegedly entered the woman's home, broke into her vehicle, broke a window, and stole several items. The items were later recovered from Perez's car along with two handguns. Perez told officers he had been issued the Colt revolver and Glock 40 by the courts.

Perez has since made bond and has five different active criminal cases.

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Video Coverage of the 2021 San Angelo Rodeo

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close