Family Hospitalized With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Running Charcoal Grill Inside

 

HOUSTON, TX –  A Houston family was hospitalized Monday after they used a charcoal grill to warm up their home during a widespread outage.

According to officials,  the Cy-Fair Fire Department responded to the home in the afternoon as temperatures remained low in the area.

The family had the grill running for approximately four hours before first responders arrived.

Running the grill inside caused six family members to suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the Cy-Fair Fire Department, of those affected, four were children and their ages range from 5-10 years old.

At least one child and one adult are in critical condition at Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital.

First responders urge families to never run a generator or grill inside a home, as it can produce deadly levels of carbon monoxide.

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.

Required

Most Recent Original Videos

 

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close