LAREDO, TX – Two elderly Laredo residents were stung by bees estimated more than 100 times each, according to first responders with the LFD.
Laredo Fire Department crews responded to a residence around 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the 2600 block of Price Street following the report of bee stings.
Paramedics arrived to find an 89-year-old man and an 84-year-old woman on the ground being stung by hundreds of bees. Firefighters quickly used foam to help stop the bees from stinging the victims any further before the two were transported for medical treatment.
Crews treated the patients at the scene and took them to the Laredo Medical Center in serious condition. It is estimated that each patient was stung over 100 times, according to first responders who were at the scene.