Family Killed By Carbon Monoxide After Surviving Hurricane


EDINBURG, TX — The Edinburg Police Department confirmed Tuesday afternoon the passing of a family from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to CBS7, officers responded to a welfare check on a home in the 2000 block of Woodstone Dr. When they arrived they located four family members who had died. 

Officers also located an unconscious 12-year-old girl, and she was rushed to the hospital. Her condition has been described as serious.

According to investigators, the deaths are believed to be accidental after a generator was located inside the home. Edinburg had been experiencing widespread power outages after Hurricane Hanna hit the area.

“In this case, a young and innocent family was just trying to make best of the aftermath of Hurricane Hanna,” said Edinburg Police Chief Caesar Torres.

The Edinburg Police Department confirmed they have responded to several calls of potential carbon monoxide exposure due to generators.

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Original Videos



Very unfortunate but hopefully lives are spared for others in the learning of this terrible example of what were all experiencing. What we know as life. Survivors taken in tragedy. The will to hold on and the want to hold on is impactful enough. The lose impacts us all differently but thanks to this family in more ways than one im hopefully more aware of my surroundings as well as my family and others.
My condolences

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close