PaulAnn Resident Claims Her Family Got Sick from Water Contamination
SAN ANGELO, TX – A PaulAnn resident has come forward and claimed that her family got sick because of the chemicals that contaminated city water.
According to the PaulAnn resident, during Tuesday's City Council Meeting on Mar. 2, her family suffered a number of symptoms because of the contamination of the water.
"My family including my husband, my two-year-old, my 12-year-old were directly effected by the chemicals that were found in the water on Feb. 8," said the resident. "Sunday Feb. 7 we noticed the water had a bad taste and odor. Sunday night the odor became stronger, Monday morning after turning on the shower the air seemed thick and it was hard to breath. We all had headaches and gastrointestinal issues."
The City of San Angelo issued the no bathing or drinking notice on Feb. 8 at around 5:00 p.m.
The PaulAnn resident went on to list every symptom that the CDC was possible of having from ingesting or breathing Benzene. Bezene was one of the chemicals found in the water.
She claimed that her family suffered from 75% of the symptoms the CDC has listed.
The EPA has made it legal to have 0-5 parts per billion of Benzene in water. According to test results released by the City's Public Information Office, on Feb. 8 at around 1:30 pm., a test confirmed that there was 35.1 parts per billion of Benzene in the PaulAnn water.
"We must rely upon and entrust in you, our City Council Members, to find the responsible parties and hold them accountable," finished the resident. "Provide detailed information to the public on how this happened and how it will be prevented in the future to keep our community and it's children safe."
At the end of the meeting Director of the Water Utilities Department Allison Strube gave an update on the water crisis at the end of the meeting. To see the update click here: WATCH: Investigators Continue to Search for Source of Water Contamination