SAN ANGELO, TX — Downtown San Angelo went through a scare when the fire department was dispatched to the older apartments located at the corner of Twohig and Abe for a structure fire.
Firefighters didn’t appear to have seen any flames. Rather, based upon the evidence of some debris set out in front of the apartments along with the acrid smell, something electrical caused the fire. No structures appeared breached by flames at all. In fact, there were no visible flames we saw.
The streets were closed as firefighters wrapped up the call by 11:30 p.m. Friday night, Feb. 26. No one was injured, not even a family pet or stray dog.