SAN ANGELO, TX – To help citizens save water the City of San Angelo has set up five spots around town where residents can get water to flush toilets.
As previously reported, on Feb. 20, city officials confirmed that the water situation is not improving due to overuse by citizens. For more see: City Officials Worried as Water Levels Drop Overnight
According to the City of San Angelo's Public Information Office, on Feb. 20, the City will be opening five locations for residents to be able to drive up and receive water to be used for flushing toilets.
Officials area asking for people to bring containers with you to be able to hold water. Only 30 gallons of water were be available per household.
The sites will open at 1 p.m. and will be open until they run out of water.
The following are the locations where water can be picked up at:
- Mary E. Lee Park - 2160 Mary E. Lee Rd.
- Lamar Elementary School - 3444 School House Dr.
- Bonham Elementary School - 4630 Southland Blvd.
- TLCA High School Campus by the Bluffs - 5687 Melrose Ave.
- San Angelo Stadium - 1919 Knickerbocker Rd. Please enter off of Johnson St. across from Verizon building.