SAN ANGELO, TX – City officials remain concerned about water levels in supply tanks around town. According to the public information office, the tanks actually lost water overnight because residents are using too much water.
Officials are requesting residents not use water unless it is absolutely necessary.
Here is the Saturday morning water update:
- The entire City is still under a boil water notice, meaning you must boil your tap water before consumption.
- No progress was made overnight in refilling our water tanks and pressurizing the system. In fact tank levels have decreased since yesterday’s update.
- For people that do have water, please continue to conserve water as much as possible.
- The City water plant is working this morning to bring flows up to 27 MGD through the system. This is close to three times our normal winter usage.
- We do not know when water will become available to the areas that currently do not have water.