Puppies Safe After Blaze Damages Home on Beacon Street
SAN ANGELO, TX -- Two puppies escaped injury Wednesday morning as fire damaged a house in the 1900 block of Beacon Street.
According to San Angelo Fire Marshall’s Investigator Joanna Jackson city crew noticed water running down electrical wires at the house and called the fire department.
Firefighters arrived on the scene and saw smoke coming from the house and began fighting the blaze.
Jackson says the investigation revealed the fire began as a short in the wiring going to the water heater and the fire damage was confined there but firefighters tore down ceiling sheetrock to make sure.
There were no injuries and no one was home at the time of the fire. Jackson says the two puppies were located and were uninjured and are fine.