SAN ANGELO – San Angelo Health Officials Friday released the latest Covid-19 information for Tom Green County which shows infections and hospitalizations from the virus remain low heading into the flu season.
The flu season officially began on Oct. 3, 2022.
Below is the weekly COVID report:
Total cases over last seven days: 144
- Saturday: 19 cases/11 hospitalizations
- Sunday: 19 cases/13 hospitalizations
- Monday: 12 cases/13 hospitalizations
- Tuesday: 31 cases/12 hospitalizations
- Wednesday: 21 cases/8 hospitalizations
- Thursday: 23 cases/6 hospitalizations
- Friday: 19 cases/5 hospitalizations
The Centers for Disease Control is reporting a slight uptick in the number of flu cases in Texas. In a report released on Oct. 7, Compared to the previous week, the percentage of specimens testing positive for influenza reported by hospital laboratories has increased. The percentage of patient visits due to influenza-like illness (ILI) has decreased. One influenza-associated pediatric death was reported. No influenza-associated institutional outbreaks or school closures were reported.
As we reported earlier, health officials expect Covid-19 shots to be recommended annually just like the flu vaccine.