Coronavirus: State Map Shows Drop in Active Cases and Hospitalizations
SAN ANGELO, TX – On Friday the Texas Department of State Health Services reported 4,657,625 total tests administered with approximately 127,274 active cases of coronavirus in Texas.
Friday's update from the DSHS showed a rise in the total number of confirmed cases reported with approximately 520,593 listed in the daily report.
Statewide fatality numbers increased from the 9,034 previously reported to the 9,602 listed in the update.
DSHS reported there have been approximately 383,717 recoveries statewide.
The Texas counties with the highest number of active cases are Harris county with 89,425 active cases, followed by Dallas with 56,428, and Bexar with 35,823.
The Texas counties with the highest number of fatalities currently are Harris county with 1,771, followed by Bexar with 865, and Dallas with 802.
The Texas counties with the highest number of reported recoveries are Harris county with 51,989 followed by Dallas with 44,934, and Bexar with 29,345.
According to DSHS, the state averages approximately 7,018 new cases of COVID-19 daily with an estimated 313 new coronavirus related fatalities statewide.
An updated report from DSHS shows approximately 6,632 active hospitalizations due to COVID-19.
Statewide Testing Data is as Follows:
- 4,657,625 - Total Tests Administered
- 4,282,041- Total Molecular Tests Administered
- 17,009 - Total Antigen Test Administered
- 2,591 - Positive Antigen Tests
- 312,727 - Total Anti-Body Test Administered
- 22,100 - Total Positive Anti-Body Tests
* DSHS is currently reporting a 16.06 % positivity rate throughout the state.
Statewide Hospital Availability Levels are as Follows:
- 56,258 - Total Staffed Hospital Beds Available
- 11328 - Total Available Hospital Beds
- 1,159 - Available ICU Beds
- 6,677 - Available Ventilators
- 6,632 - Patients Currently Hospitalized
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.