Coronavirus: Daily Map Shows Statewide Confirmed Cases Hit 500,000Press Release
SAN ANGELO, TX – The Texas Department of State Health Services reported 4,549,474 total tests administered with approximately 133,598 active cases of coronavirus in Texas.
Wednesday's update from the DSHS showed a rise in the total number of confirmed cases reported with approximately 506,820 listed in the daily report.
Statewide fatality numbers increased from the 8,490 previously reported to the 9,034 listed in the update.
DSHS reported there have been approximately 367,354 recoveries statewide.
The Texas counties with the highest number of active cases are Harris county with 87,505 active cases, followed by Dallas with 55,553, and Bexar with 35,437.
The Texas counties with the highest number of fatalities currently are Harris county with 1,679, followed by Bexar with 738, and Dallas with 773.
The Texas counties with the highest number of reported recoveries are Harris county with 50,465 followed by Dallas with 43,325, and Bexar with 33,873.
According to DSHS, the state averages approximately 4,455 new cases of COVID-19 daily with an estimated 31 new coronavirus related fatalities statewide.
An updated report from DSHS shows approximately 7,304 active hospitalizations due to COVID-19.
Statewide Testing Data is as Follows:
- 4,549,474 - Total Tests Administered
- 4,106,360- Total Molecular Tests Administered
- 16,409 - Total Antigen Test Administered
- 2,536 - Positive Antigen Tests
- 299,037 - Total Anti-Body Test Administered
- 20,241 - Total Positive Anti-Body Tests
* DSHS is currently reporting a 24.50 % positivity rate throughout the state.
Statewide Hospital Availability Levels are as Follows:
- 54,649 - Total Staffed Hospital Beds Available
- 11,460 - Total Available Hospital Beds
- 1,229 - Available ICU Beds
- 7,055 - Available Ventilators
- 7,028 - Patients Currently Hospitalized
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.