SAN ANGELO, TX – On Monday the Texas Department of State Health Services reported 4,400,049 total tests administered with approximately 133,584 active cases of coronavirus in Texas.
Monday's update from the DSHS showed a rise in the total number of cases reported with approximately 490,817 listed in the daily report.
Statewide fatality numbers increased from the 7,497 previously reported to the 8,490 reported on Monday.
On Monday, DSHS reported there were approximately 349,833 recoveries statewide.
The Texas counties with the highest number of active cases are Harris county with 85,757 active cases, followed by Dallas with 54,674, and Bexar with 35,205.
The Texas counties with the highest number of fatalities currently are Harris county with 1,583, followed by Dallas with 784, and Bexar with 738.
The Texas counties with the highest number of reported recoveries are Harris county with 49,052, followed by Dallas with 41,871, and Bexar with 33,873.
According to DSHS, the state averages approximately 4,455 new cases of Covid-19 daily with an estimated 31 new coronavirus related fatalities.
Monday's report from DSHS shows approximately 7,304 active hospitalizations due to Covid-19.
Statewide Testing Data is as Follows:
- 4,400,049 - Total Tests Administered
- 4,073,661 - Total Molecular Tests Administered
- 14,841 - Total Antigen Test Administered
- 2,350 - Positive Antigen Tests
- 290,944 - Total Anti-Body Test Administered
- 18,924 - Total Positive Anti-Body Tests
* DSHS is currently reporting a 20.99 % positivity rate throughout the state.
Statewide Hospital Availability Levels are as Follows:
- 54,297 - Total Staffed Hospital Beds Available
- 12,204 - Total Available Hospital Beds
- 1,184 - Available ICU Beds
- 6,741 - Available Ventilators
- 7,304 - Patients Currently Hospitalized