Coronavirus By the Numbers: Daily Map Shows Active Cases and Hospitalizations Continue to Fall
SAN ANGELO, TX – On Wednesday the Texas Department of State Health Services reported 4,221,329 total tests administered with approximately 136,738 active cases of coronavirus in Texas.
Wednesday's update from the DSHS showed a rise in the total number of cases reported with approximately 459,887 listed in the daily report.
Statewide fatality numbers increased from the 7,016 previously reported to the 7,497 reported on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, DSHS reported there were approximately 315,652 recoveries statewide.
The Texas counties with the highest number of active cases are Harris county with 79,543 active cases, followed by Dallas with 52,131, and Bexar with 34,238.
The Texas counties with the highest number of fatalities currently are Harris county with 1,409, followed by Dallas with 687, and Bexar with 673.
The Texas counties with the highest number of reported recoveries are Harris county with 45,454, followed by Dallas with 37,853, and Bexar with 33,873.
According to DSHS, the state averages approximately 8,706 new cases of Covid-19 daily with an estimated 235 new coronavirus related fatalities.
Monday's report from DSHS shows approximately 8,455 active hospitalizations due to Covid-19.
Statewide Testing Data is as Follows:
- 4,221,329 - Total Tests Administered
- 3,908,235 - Positive Cases Confirmed Using Viral Testing
- 268,978 - Positive Cases Confirmed Using Antibody Testing
* DSHS is currently reporting a 15.58 % positivity rate throughout the state.
Statewide Hospital Availability Levels are as Follows:
- 54,687 - Total Staffed Hospital Beds Available
- 11,328 - Total Available Hospital Beds
- 1,155 - Available ICU Beds
- 6,544 - Available Ventilators
- 8,455 - Patients Currently Hospitalized
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.