Coronavirus: Statewide Hospitalizations and Active Cases UpdatedPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX – On Monday the Texas Department of State Health Services reported 4,143,342 total tests administered with approximately 137,576 active cases of coronavirus in Texas.
Monday's update from the DSHS showed a rise in the total number of cases reported with approximately 442,014 listed in Monday's Report.
Statewide fatality numbers increased from the 5,877 previously reported to the 7,016 reported on Monday.
On Monday, DSHS reported there were approximately 297,422 recoveries statewide.
The Texas counties with the highest number of active cases are Harris county with 76,642 active cases, followed by Dallas with 51,108, and Bexar with 34,120.
The Texas counties with the highest number of fatalities currently are Harris county with 1,318, followed by Dallas with 650, and Bexar with 622.
Counties with the highest number of active recoveries are Harris county with 44,698, followed by Dallas with 35,952, and Bexar with 26,757.
According to DSHS, the state averages approximately 5,839 new cases of Covid-19 daily with an estimated 37 new coronavirus related fatalities.
Statewide Testing Data is as Follows:
- 4,143,342 - Total Tests Administered
- 3,834,586 - Positive Cases Confirmed Using Viral Testing
- 243,777 - Positive Cases Confirmed Using Antibody Testing
Statewide Hospital Availability Levels are as follows:
- 52,200 - Total Staffed Hospital Beds Available
- 11,916 - Total Available Hospital Beds
- 1,101 - Available ICU Beds
- 6,563 - Available Ventilators
- 8,819 - Patients Currently Hospitalized
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.