Coronavirus: Daily State Map Shows Increase in Fatalities as Active Cases Drop
Prior to Wednesday's update from the DSHS, the total number of cases reported had risen from the 385,923 previously reported to the 394,265 listed in Tuesday's Report.
Statewide fatality tolls increased from the 5,713 previously reported to the 5,877 reported on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, DSHS reported there were approximately 244,449 recoveries statewide.
The Texas counties with the highest number of active cases are Harris county with 66,195 active cases, followed by Dallas with 47,239, and Bexar with 30,570.
The Texas counties with the highest number of fatalities currently are Harris county with 1,127, followed by Dallas with 589, and Bexar with 497.
Counties with the highest number of active recoveries are Dallas with 30,241, Bexar with 26,757, and Harris with 21,707.
According to DSHS, the state averages approximately 8,342 new cases of Covid-19 daily with an estimated 164 new coronavirus related fatalities.
Statewide Testing Data is as Follows:
- 3,777,263 - Total Tests Administered
- 3,476,926 - Positive Cases Confirmed Using Viral Testing
- 237,895 Positive Cases confirmed Using Antibody Testing
* DSHS is currently reporting a 12.83 % positivity rate throughout the state.
Current Statewide Hospital Availability Levels are as follows:
- 57,146 - Total Staffed Hospital Beds Available
- 13,444 - Total Available Hospital Beds
- 1,348 - Available ICU Beds
- 6,243 - Available Ventilators
- 9,593 - Patients Currently Hospitalized
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.