SAN ANGELO, TX – City of San Angelo officials have chosen to close all parks, walking areas and lakes for the Easter weekend beginning Thursday to combat the Coronavirus.
Here's the press release issued Wednesday evening:
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community the following will be closed or prohibited beginning on Thursday, April 9th at 5 p.m. through Monday, April 13th at 8 a.m.
- All parks will be closed to any and all activity, no exceptions
- All trails will be closed for all activities, no exceptions (this includes the Concho River Walk and the Red Arroyo Trail)
- All lakes (Nasworthy, Fisher and Twin Buttes) will be closed to all public access and activity, no exceptions
- This includes all public boat ramps and docks
- Private docks are still allowed to be used by the owner
Important information to remember:
- Only leave home for essential activities
- All public/private gatherings of people outside of your household regardless of size are prohibited
- The CDC and Local Health Authority are recommending the public wear cloth masks in public settings when social distancing is not possible
- Please stay 6 feet away from others
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer when soap is not available
- Clean and disinfect common surfaces