Abilene Mom Hospitalized for Nearly a Month Due to Vaping
ABILENE, TX -- A mother from Abilene is trying to share her story after she was in the hospital for nearly a month due to vaping.
According to KTXS, for months Sherie Canada thought that she had been sick with the flue or some sort of bug. When she finally went to the hospital turned out she had gotten pre-pneumonia from vaping.
The fluids and blood clots in her lungs were so bad, doctors were forced to put her in a medically induced coma. She was put to sleep on June 18 and spent 24 days in the ICU.
“I was sent to the ICU on my middle son’s 13th birthday and intubated on my 15-year-old son’s birthday," Canada said. "I felt a lot of guilt and shame. I did this to myself.”
As vaping illnesses and deaths are on the rise Canada wants to share her story to tell others the dangers of vaping.
"I was given a second chance for a reason," Canada said.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.