Angelo State's Outstanding Graduates of 2019 recognizedPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX — Angelo State University honored its 2019 Outstanding Graduate Students during the annual Graduate Research Symposium and Awards Ceremony on April 26 in the Houston Harte University Center.
The highlight of the event was the announcement of this year’s top graduate students by Dr. Don Topliff, provost and vice president for academic affairs and interim dean of the College of Graduate Studies and Research. Honorees each received a certificate of recognition.
The Outstanding Graduate Students for the College of Arts and Humanities, listed by their hometown and major, are:
- Sarra Briki of Tunisia, communication
- Courtney Reopelle of Sinton, English
- Clint Ormond of San Angelo, global security studies
The Outstanding Graduate Student for the Norris-Vincent College of Business is Borys Montgomery of Kiev, Ukraine, business administration.
Honorees for the College of Education are:
- Christene Walker of San Angelo, curriculum and instruction-advanced instructor
- Kimberlee Gosney of Junction, curriculum and instruction-teacher certification
- Jessica Smart of La Vernia, guidance and counseling
- Bianca Peralez of Mission, student development and leadership in higher education
- Kourtney McAdams of Big Spring, educational administration
Archer College of Health and Human Services honorees are:
- Emma Thompson of Midland, coaching, sport, recreation and fitness administration
- Trace Owens of Austin, family nurse practitioner
- Stephanie Pavur of Austin, nurse educator
- Stephanie Crank of Layton, Utah, applied psychology
- Cody Good of Ballinger, counseling psychology
- Mark Scheller of Del Rio, doctor of physical therapy
Honorees for the College of Science and Engineering are:
- Cody Riddle of Tuscola, animal science
- Roxanne Pourshoushtari of Gaithersburg, Md., biology
- Trent Schwartz of San Angelo, animal science
ASU graduate students who presented research posters during the Graduate Research Symposium were also recognized.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.