SAN ANGELO, TX – The two individuals who have spent the most time in the Tom Green County Jail are facing new indictments by a Tom Green County Grand Jury.
According to court documents dated May 12, 2023, Leslie Moreno and Andrew Fernandez have been re-indicted for the murder of their child, Nathaniel Quezada.
Initially, in February 2019, they were indicted for capital murder of a child under 10 years old. However, the new indictment charges them with capital murder of a child under 6, murder, and two counts of injury to a child with the intent to cause serious bodily harm.
The new indictment alleges that the defendants intentionally caused Quezada's death by either applying pressure to his knee using an individual or object or striking his back with an unknown object.
With the issuance of the new indictment, the judicial process will begin anew. Moreno and Fernandez have been in jail since the time of the murder. Their new bond has been set at $4 million, which is four times higher than their original bond.
For further information on the 'brittle bone baby' case see the list below.
- TRAGIC TODDLER DEATH CAUSED BY BLUNT TRAUMA
- Couple Indicted for Capital Murder in Tragic Toddler Death
- BOND REDUCTION DENIED FOR 'UNSEEN GANGSTER' ACCUSED OF MURDERING 21-MONTH-OLD STEPSON
- SAN ANGELO WOMAN CHARGED WITH CAPITAL MURDER DENIED BOND REDUCTION
- CAPITAL MURDER SUSPECT PULLS RACE CARD ON DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE