Midland Man Pleads Guilty to Entering U.S. Capitol on January 6th

MIDLAND, TX –– Nearly seven months after Eliel Rosa entered the U.S. Capitol on January 6th, the Brazilian native has pled guilty to parading, demonstrating, and picketing in any United States Capitol Building.

Rosa visited Washington D.C. with Midland flower shop owner Jenny Cudd to attend the Trump rally and was seen in multiple security videos walking inside the Capitol.

Rosa had originally been charged with two misdemeanors: entering and remaining on restricted grounds, a class A misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct or violent entry, a class B misdemeanor.

In exchange for a guilty plea, prosecutors dropped all other charges against Rosa. The sentencing will take place on October 12th –– where he could face up to six months in prison and be required to pay $500 in restitution.

At the time of his arrest, Rosa stated he was unable to afford a lawyer as he had been unemployed since become a political refugee in 2017.

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.

Required

Most Recent Videos

Comments

ME Someone, Thu, 07/29/2021 - 16:10

Why aren't you covering the testimony of those cops that were assaulted on January 6th? Republicans say that they respect law enforcement yet they beat them with American flags while trying to take over the government, it really is telling how much republicans hate America.

ME Someone, Thu, 07/29/2021 - 16:51

The capital was closed at the time, people before him had broken in.

If someone broke into your house and other people followed after, would you say only the initial person was guilty, or would you want all of the people who entered your house charged?

CGM5, Thu, 07/29/2021 - 19:16

If hooded and masked people were marauding through my neighborhood night after night, week after week, setting fires, stealing, terrorizing people and killing people in several different cities and states and these people had a common name and connection (antifa), I WOULD WANT THEM CHARGED TOO! However, I don't see any of that happening. I wonder why!

ME Someone, Thu, 07/29/2021 - 23:32

Answer the question, I answer yours all the time,

If someone broke into your house and other people followed after, would you say only the initial person was guilty, or would you want all of the people who entered your house charged?

Oh the people walking through the  Capital are going to be charged I can assure you that…in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the Biden justice dept. makes it a point to ruin their lives forever!

The “lame” part is your ridiculous claim that the demonstrators were “trying to take over the government” no one can possibly be so ignorant as to actually believe that ;)

ME Someone, Fri, 07/30/2021 - 15:49

There whole stated goal was to "stop the steal", meaning they wanted to stop the counting of electoral votes to install their own leader, which is taking over the government.

In the meantime…who shot Ashli Babbitt? You know if the situation was reversed, and a policeman happened to have shot and killed a BLM demonstrator during the “Summer of Love”, then you leftists would demand to know who did it right?

ME Someone, Fri, 07/30/2021 - 15:46

I don't have an issue with releasing a cops name. Now you know how it feels when cops murder people everyday. You only apply it to people on "your side", I simply apply it to ALL Americans who are murdered by cops.

I wonder what "Me Someone" did before San Angelo Live allowed comments. It appears to be her entire life.

ME Someone, Sat, 07/31/2021 - 17:01

I have been here from the beginning, I have seen many many come and go (Rita Repulsa used to be a fun one). Maybe I do get paid to be here, maybe I am from the inside ;D

ME Someone, Fri, 07/30/2021 - 22:59

I would have to see the cops records, and since they never release them, and would probably be cleaned anyway, I can't really speculate. Cops disciplinary records should be public information anyway.

It's not like your party cares about cops anyway, we all watched you people beat them on January 6th.

Reminds me of this tweet I saw earlier;

Blue lives matter - except January 6th

Tough on terrorists - except white nationalists

My body, my choice - for masks and vaccines only

Cancel culture's bad - except when republicans do it

Deport the undocumented - except your nannies

No big government - except banning private businesses requiring proof of vaccination.

You people and your party don't make any sense. The only thing you stand for is whatever the "demo libs" are against. You people are legitimately refusing to get vaccinated and dying just to own the libs. You reek of hypocrisy and it would almost be funny if you weren't taking down democracy with you.

“Blue lives matter…”

They matter a hell of a lot more to us than they do to the Marxist left!

”white nationalists”

Yawn!

“My body my choice”

Not just “your body” when it comes to abortion

“Cancel culture”

Who cares?

“except your nannies”

I have a housekeeper and a gardener neither are immigrants ;)

”proof of vaccination”

Seig Heil show me your papers!

“I have been here from the beginning”

Kinda like Satan lol.

I knew you were old, but I didn’t think you were THAT old ;)

January 6th. You mean the “reichtag” event staged by Pelosi and the Marxist left?

There’s a reason why Pelosi kicked Jim Jordan off the January 6th committee she was afraid of what might come out!

Republicans voted against the proceeding because they knew it would turn out like it did…with Pelosi picking and choosing which Republican leaders were allowed to sit on the committee not how a “ bipartisan commission” works ;)

ME Someone, Sun, 08/01/2021 - 19:58

It was in the bill, which was negotiate by a republican (Katko) and a Democrat (Thompson), it would have had 5 chairs for republicans and 5 chairs for Democrats, and they would have picked their own people. You are lying.

Scroll down to section 5

(a) Members.—The Commission shall be composed of ten members, of whom—

(1) one member shall be appointed jointly by the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the majority leader of the Senate to serve as Chairperson of the Commission;

(2) one member shall be appointed jointly by the minority leader of the House of Representatives and the minority leader of the Senate to serve as Vice Chairperson of the Commission;

(3) two members shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;

(4) two members shall be appointed by the minority leader of the House of Representatives;

(5) two members shall be appointed by the majority leader of the Senate; and

(6) two members shall be appointed by the minority leader of the Senate.

You guys voted against a bipartisan commission, now you are crying about a partisan one. Quit being babies all the time. Also, this is the first time I have proven you wrong this month and it's only the first, lemme see if I can beat my high score of 5, should be easy, you are lying more and more as time goes on.

Right or wrong simply explaining why republicans voted against the bill. As evidenced by Pelosi disallowing Jim Jordan and Jim Banks from serving on the commission, as well as the democrats’ behavior during the two FAILED impeachment attempts, democrats simply can’t be trusted ;)

ME Someone, Mon, 08/02/2021 - 13:01

"democrats simply can’t be trusted"

At least they didn't try to take over the government on January 6th.

It’s understandable why democrats didn’t want Jordan on the commission he absolutely rolled over them during the sham impeachment trials ;)

ME Someone, Mon, 08/02/2021 - 13:03

Jim Jordan is trying to cover up Matt Gaetz's sex scandal, I know why he isn't allowed on the commission.

ME Someone, Mon, 08/02/2021 - 17:04

Nothing, because republicans are covering it up, I just explained that.

Just like they are trying to cover up January 6th.

Just like they covered up all of the complaints about Kavanaugh.

Just like they covered up trumps involvement with foreign adversaries

Just like they are trying to cover up that they were initially against masks and vaccines

And that is just off the top of my head.