SAN ANGELO, TX — The Texas Department of Transportation will be working on the following road projects in the region for the week starting Nov. 16, 2018. TxDOT urges caution near construction and mowing zones.
US 87 Asphaltic Concrete Overlay
- Limits: 9.8 miles south of Coke County Line to Coke County line and various locations for pavement repair
- Contractor will be placing pavement marking with rolling lane closure
Sherwood Way, Westbound Right Turn onto FM 2288 Emergency repair
- Contractor will be repairing right turn lane onto FM 2288.
- Right Turn lane is closed until repair is made.
- Semi-truck should take an alternate route onto FM 2288.
Guard Rail Upgrades
- Limits: US 87 in Tom Green and Concho Counties
- Metal beam guard fence and safety end treatment repair on US 87.
RM 853 Bridge Replacement
- Limits: Brushy Creek
- Contractor will be sealcoating and striping new roadway.
- All traffic must use detour
- US 87 Asphalt Pavement Repair
Limits: SL 570 North of Wall to Concho County line
- 65 mph work zone speed limit and 12’ width restriction
- North and South bound driving lane closure throughout project for pavement repair, milling, sealcoating and hot mix operations.
- Pilot car operation in various work areas, will be working Saturday and Sunday.
US 67 Asphaltic Concrete Overlay
- Limits: Reagan County
- Contractor plans to continue hot mix Asphaltic Concrete Placement operations.
- Expect delays including temporary lane, shoulder, and driveway closures. Please slow down and use caution when traveling through this area. Access to businesses will be maintained with the exception of short periods of closure for operations. Observe flagmen’s directions.
Centerline rumble strip and striping
- Limits: Reagan, Glasscock, Crockett, Kimble, Edwards, Real and Tom Green Counties
- Contractor will be striping and placing raised pavement markers using a mobile operation on:
- FM 1223 in Tom Green County
- US 67 in Runnels County
- US 83 in Runnels County
- US 87 Concho County
Guard Rail Upgrades
- Limits: RM 2469 from US 67 to SH 163, various location on US 83 and US 277
- Contractor working on US 277 at Meador Draw to construct concrete bridge rail on northbound side. Expect road closure while moving shoulder closure from Southside to Northside. Expect shoulder closure.
South Loop 306 ACP Overlay
- Limits: West Texas Training Center Interchange to FM 765
- Contractor will be placing erosion control logs and wrecking on existing culvert near edge of pavement.
US 67 West, ACP Overlay
- Limits: Chapel Hill Drive to Irion County Line
- Contractor will be milling roadway and performing hot mix operations.
- Speed has been reduced to 60 MPH throughout project limits.
- Expect delays, Pilot car to control traffic through work areas.
Mowing: Mowing and trimming of Right of Way starting dates
- Tom Green Rural will start November 26th , 2018
- Coke County will start December 10th, 2018
- Runnels County, started November 5th, 2018
- Glasscock/Sterling Counties will start November 12th , 2018
- Reagan/Irion Counties starting November 19th, 2018
Tom Green County Maintenance
- Limits: Tom Green County
- Sign Maintenance, county wide
- Debris pick up and pothole repair county wide
- Cleaning up from storm and flooding damage
- Placing Dura-curb on Loop 306, ramps will be closed temporary during daylight.