Responsible for assisting the Facilities Director with proper maintenance of the physical plant of West Texas Boys Ranch. Perform maintenance on grounds, cottages, equipment and household appliances.
- High School degree.
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check (fingerprinting required)
- Must be able to lift objects over 70 pounds
- Must perform jobs in a safe manner at all times using safety equipment such as goggles, face
- shields, and lifting belts.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Certifications for water and waste water plant operations (preferred)
- Required – class c water and waste water licenses before first anniversary of employment
- Knowledge of local, state and federal standards for facilities
- Background in facility maintenance – strong skill set for sheetrock and painting (required)
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Facilities Director in maintaining the cottages and other buildings to meet all standards
- Assist Facilities Director in maintaining the water and waste water systems to meet all standards
- Maintains 40 acre grounds to be safe and appealing
- Working knowledge of the following skills
- Minor electrical
- Grounds keeping (mowing, weed eating, tree trimming)
- Preventive maintenance of a/c units and other small equipment
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Represent West Texas Boys Ranch in a courteous, professional manner through actions and
- Drive vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Coordinate for disposition of and use of donated items
- Perform other duties as requested
- WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires On-Site Housing. (Available after a 90 day probation period) Housing and
utilities (up to $200/month) paid. Must be able to work independently. Be accessible for situations
requiring immediate attention. This position is nonexempt and structured around a five-day / 40 hour
work week. Most duties may be performed Monday through Friday but may require some weekend
work. All hours approved and worked in excess of forty (40) hours week will be flexed out within the
- Nonexempt employees are covered under FLSA; time approved and actually worked over 40 hours in a work week is eligible for compensatory time.
- All time an employee is required to be at the premises of WTBR is “work time”.
- Leave time is not counted in the calculation of the 40 hour work week.
- Paid time off is NOT Time worked.
- Each work week stands alone.
- The 40 hour work week is not averaged over multiple weeks. (work 44 hours in one week and 36
- hours the next week to equal 80 hours for the two week period)
For more information please call 325-949-1936. To apply please send resume via email to [email protected]