SAN ANGELO, TX — As Super Bowl excitement reaches a fever pitch, fans across the nation are gearing up for the big game with an essential component of the football-watching experience: delicious snacks. Whether you're rooting for the home team or just tuning in for the halftime show, having the right snacks and beverages can elevate your Super Bowl party to championship levels. Below is a list of the top nine Super Bowl snacks that we feel help to elevate any game-day party to next-level status:
1. Classic Buffalo Wings: Kick off your Super Bowl spread with a perennial fan favorite — Buffalo Wings. These crispy, spicy delights are sure to be a touchdown with your guests. Offer an array of sauces, from mild to extra spicy, to cater to every heat preference.
2. Loaded Nachos: Create the ultimate nacho platter with layers of cheesy goodness. Pile on toppings like seasoned ground beef, jalapeños, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole. For an extra kick, consider adding some zesty queso to take your nachos to the next level.
3. Sliders and Mini Sandwiches: Miniature sandwiches and sliders are a crowd-pleasing option that allows guests to sample different flavors. Whether it's classic cheeseburgers, pulled pork sliders, or chicken sandwiches, these bite-sized delights are perfect for snacking between plays.
4. Spinach Artichoke Dip: A creamy spinach artichoke dip served with tortilla chips or sliced baguette is a savory dip that's always a winner. The combination of gooey cheese, tender spinach, and tangy artichokes makes this dip a go-to for Super Bowl parties.
5. Guacamole and Salsa: No Super Bowl party is complete without the dynamic duo of guacamole and salsa. Fresh, homemade versions can elevate the flavor profile of your snacks. Serve them with a variety of tortilla chips to satisfy everyone's crunch cravings.
6. Loaded Potato Skins: Bite into crispy potato skins loaded with cheese, bacon bits, and green onions. These savory snacks are hearty and satisfying, making them a staple for any game-day gathering. Look at what delish.com had to say about their recipe, "We had to go the classic loaded route: cheddar, sour cream, bacon, and scallions (or chives). But feel free to get creative with your toppings! Buffalo Chicken and blue cheese crumbles are a classic game day pairing."
If you need the recipe for this ymmy party dip click the link to learn how its done.
7. Pizza Rolls and Bagel Bites: For a nostalgic throwback, include some classic pizza rolls or bagel bites in your snack lineup. These convenient bite-sized options are easy to prepare and perfect for grabbing between cheers for your team.
8. 7-Layer Dip: A Super Bowl party isn’t complete without a 7-layer dip. This essential game-day dip is layered with all the most scrumptious ingredients—guacamole, refried beans, salsa, creamy sour cream, and more—all in one tortilla chip scoop. According to delsih.com, "If you usually turn to the store-bought version, trust us—it’s worth making it at home. Ready in under 30 minutes, this is the easiest last minute appitizer to prepare when you need a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
9. Sweet Treats: Round out your Super Bowl snack selection with sweet treats like brownies, cookies, or a dessert platter. Consider football-shaped cookies or a themed cake to add a festive touch to your dessert spread.
Although most Americans go to Super Bowl parties to let loose and let their hair down you will always have that one guest who is tracking their macros or on a super strict diet so it's important to be prepared to offer them a healthier option. According to local dietitian Jamie Hocker, "If you are trying to keep it somewhat healthy and save your carbs for all the beer, use a low-fat bean dip and cut up raw vegetables, like red and green bell peppers, carrots, celery, tomatoes, olives, etc." Your health-conscious guest will thank you for providing this option and it'll show that you go above and beyond the make your party guests feel cared for.
"If you are trying to keep it somewhat healthy and save your carbs for all the beer, use a low-fat bean dip and cut up raw vegetables, like red and green bell peppers, carrots, celery, tomatoes, olives, etc."
— Jamie Hocker MS RDN LD
The snacks provided at a Super Bowl party can make it or break it. However, the beverages offered also play an important role in entertaining guests with a variety of tastes and preferences. Remember to keep your guests hydrated with a variety of beverages, including nonalcoholic and alcoholic choices.
Nonalcoholic Beverages: These beverages are a must for any party for kids and adults who opt out of drinking alcohol. It's important to offer a good balance of carbonated and noncarbonated nonalcoholic beverages. Popular options include the following:
- flavored water
- Topo Chico,
- Fruit Punch
Alcoholic Beverages: Providing a signature game day cocktail that is coordinated with the theme of the teams playing is a nice touch. For instance, since it's the 49ers and the Cheifs playing this year, red would be an appropriate color choice for a beverage, such as a Sex on the Beach, Sea Breeze, or Bloody Mary. fireball shots or Vegas bombs. Once again delish.com has an incredible recipe for a Sex on the Beach cocktail. Other popular options include a good variety of beer, wine coolers, and seltzers such as:
- Miller Light
- Bud Light
- Coors Light
- Dos Equis
- Fat Tire
- Shiner Bock
- Dos Equis Amber
- Mike's Hard Lemonade
- Truly Seltzer
- White Claw
- Bud Light Seltzer
With the right snacks and drinks, your Super Bowl party is sure to be a memorable and tasty event for fans of all ages. Remember that while the snacks and drinks provided are important to make your Super Bowl party a success, it's the hospitality that will always set you apart. Take responsibility for the overall flow and outcome of your Superbowl party and ensure your guests have transportation home safely. Enjoy the game and may the best team (and snacks) win!