SAN ANGELO— The Concho Valley took a big hit over the bi-district weekend during the Texas High School Football Playoffs.
The Concho Valley had 15 schools, including Richland Springs, make the Texas High School Playoffs. Now, six school remain in: the Wall Hawks, Miles Bulldogs, Sonora Broncos, Mason Punchers, Bronte Longhorns, and the Richland Springs Coyotes.
Finals from the bi-district rounds are as follows:
- Loraine 46 – Paint Rock 0
- Bronte 36 – Rising Star 20
- Richland Springs 50 – Sidney 37
- Jonesboro 52 – Robert Lee 0
- May 92 – Irion County 70
- Miles 48 – Sterling City 0
- Albany 60 – Eldorado 0
- Cisco 21 – Ozona 14
- Sonora 29 – Anson 27
- Mason 28 – Thrall 7
- Weimar 55 – Junction 0
- Crane 56 – TLCA San Angelo 0
- Wall 66 – Tornillo 0
- Alpine 29 – Brady 23
Now, Wall, Sonora, Miles, Mason, Bronte, and Richland Springs have advanced to Area and there is no possible way for all six of those teams to make it to Regionals as the Longhorns square off against the Coyotes.
The Area matchups are as follows:
- Wall Hawks v Childress Bobcats @ Redman Memorial Stadium in Post, Texas on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Sonora Broncos v Farwell Steers @ Tiger Stadium in Snyder, Texas on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Mason v Ganado @ Rattler Stadium in San Marcos, Texas on Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
- Miles v Collinsville @ Buckaroo Stadium in Breckenridge on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Richland Springs v Bronte @ OK Wolfenbarger Field in Irion County at 6:30 p.m.