ABILENE— A San Angelo Central graduate and current Hardin-Simmons basketball player was named to the WBCA All-Star team.
Hardin-Simmons senior and Central graduate Parris Parmer was one of 20 players named to the Division III Women’s Basketball Coaches Association’s All-Star Team. Players make the team by a committee that is composed of women’s basketball head coaches.
The WBCA was founded in 1981 and is a professional association for all levels of competition for coaches of women and girls’ basketball.
Parmer put up an average of 10.4 points per game while having 3.6 assists a game and snagging an average of 5.7 rebounds. Not only did Parmer lead Hardin-Simmons to the NCAA Tournament two years in a row, but the Cowgirls also won a game in the tournament for the first time since 2006.
Parmer is the only player in Texas who made the team. The other players include:
- Aleah Grundahl- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Anaya Simmons- Christopher Newport University
- Anna Barry- Eastern Connecticut University
- Bridget Monaghan- University of Scranton
- Brynn Serbin- Ohio Northern University
- Claire Brock- Emory College
- Gabby Timmer- Calvin University
- Gabrielle Boggs- Albright College
- Grace Hynes- University of Chicago
- Jessie Ruden- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Katie Titus- University of Rochester
- Kaylee Murphy- Univeristy of California at Santa Cruz
- Madison Kellione- Transylvaina University
- Megan Bauman- Babson College
- Meghan Graff- Bates College
- Morgan Morrison- Smith College
- Savannah Feenstra- Hope College
- Shannon McCoy- Kean University
- Sondra Fan- Christopher Newport University