SAN ANGELO, TX – The No. 2-ranked Angelo State football team continues Lone Star Conference play on the road this weekend as the Rams make their second trip to the Pacific Northwest to face Simon Fraser in Blaine Wash., at the Borderite Stadium.
RAMS CLAIM VICTORY OVER THE JAVELINAS:
The Rams picked up their second win over a ranked opponent this season after defeating No. 15 Texas A&M – Kingsville 34-7 to remain the only undefeated team in the Lone Star. ASU's defense kept the Javelinas out of the endzone, with the only points for TAMUK coming off an interception return. Nate Omayebu III collected 97 yards on the ground while averaging over 5.1 yards per carry.
SERIES HISTORY: Angelo State vs. Texas A&M – Kingsville
All-Time Series: ASU leads 2-0
Last Meeting: Oct. 23, 2021, ASU 51-10
The Rams and Red Leafs have only met two other teams in program history with ASU winning both games while scoring an average of 59.5 points in both contests.
SCOUTING THE RED LEAFS:
· Simon Fraser has not won a game this season, entering the weekend at 0-6 overall and in the LSC.
· The Red Leafs are averaging 12.2 points per contest while giving up 43.8 points.
· Defensively, SFU has allowed an average of 476.2 yards of offense per game which is the most in the conference.
· Quarterback Justin Seiber has tallied 1,180 passing yards this season and has thrown nine touchdown passes with six interceptions and a completion percentage of 55.88.
· Evan Currie is the leading tackler for SFU with 37 on the season while Jerrell Cummings has collected two interceptions this season.
LSC WEEKLY HONORS;
The Rams tallied two weekly honors after the win of the Javelinas as Omayebu was named the LSC Offensive Player of the Week while Daron Allman earned defensive honors.
· The Rams now rank fifth in Division II in defense, allowing an average of 220.8 yards per game.
· ASU is also sixth in the country in scoring defense while giving up an average of only 12.2 points per game.
· Omayebu leads the LSC in rushing yards with 830 on the season while Kason Philips holds the highest average per game at 6.5 yards.
· Zach Bronkhorst leads the LSC in passing yards with 1,917 and ranks second in touchdowns with 16.
· Eric Rascoe and Micah Flowers are seventh and eighth in the conference in total tackles with 53 and 51 respectively.
· Allman is second in the Lone Star in both tackles for loss (9.5) and sacks (6).