SAN ANGELO,TX – Several area high school athletes have made the 2020-2021 Texas Sports Writers All-State Teams in football.
- Brayden Fuentas, a junior defensive back from McCamey, played in 9 games and has 1 interception and 4 solo tackles.
- Eldorado’s Cooper Meador, a junior, made the first team as a kick returner. Meador in 10 games had 17 returns for 365 yards, 21.5 average, and 78 has his longest return.
- Christoval's Westen McAllister made it as an offensive tackle and is credited with 57 pancake blocks during his senior year.
- Christoval's Brayden Wilcox earned a spot on the second team as a quarterback. Wilcox played in 13 games and went 121/185 for 2163 yards with 30 touchdowns to 4 interceptions for a quarterback rating of 135.9 over his senior year. Wilcox is playing college ball at Angelo State.
- Chrisoval's linebacker Jake Boness, a junior, had 157 solo tackles, 11 tackles for loss, and 5 sacks in 13 games.
- McCamey’s Matthew Rosas also made the second team as a utility player. The sophomore had 37 carries for 320 yards with 6 touchdowns and 1 100+ yard rushing game. Rosas had 11 catches for 279 yards and 4 touchdowns. His total yardage was 599.
- McCamey’s quarterback, Ivan Rubio, went 75/109 for 1490 yards, 25 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions during his senior campaign.
- Christoval junior Beau Jolly makes it as a wide receiver. Jolly had 54 receptions for 1071 yards and 17 touchdowns in 13 games.
- Winter’s Alex Rodriguez made the third team as a utility player.
Eldorado’s Korbin Covarrubiaz, as a quarterback.
- McCamey's Isaiah Garcia, an offensive guard.
- Brayden Dunlap of Miles as a running back.
- Brayden Wilcox from Christoval’s secondary.
- Jayson Pagen on the defensive line in McCamey.
- Carlos Cantu of Ozona and Eldorado's David Barajas of each schools linebacking corps.
Stats were obtained by MAXPREPS.COM.