LUBBOCK, TX – This year the Texas Tech Red Raiders Men’s Golf team has an astonishing eight players who could potentially qualify for the US Amateur Tournament beginning Aug 10 at the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Oregon.
According to Texas Tech head coach Greg Sands, usually three to four players qualifying for the amateur tournament is the basis for a good team.
What makes this feat even more impressive is this years playing field has been cut down from its standard 312 man playing field down to just 264.
The Red Raiders looking to qualify based off of their current WAGR (World Amateur Golf Ranking) are as follows:
- Sandy Scott : Currently ranked #9
- Ludvig Aberg: Currently ranked #37
- Andy Lopez: Currently ranked #139
- Markus Braadile: Currently ranked #145
- Bard Bjornevik Skogen: Currently ranked #163
- Carl Didrik Mee Fosaas: Currently ranked #213
- Garret Martin*: NR
- Jansen Smith*: NR
*earned spot as a match play qualifier