Softball District Standings: Central Enters Do-or-Die Final Week
SAN ANGELO, TX -- Teams in the Concho Valley are entering their final week of play in the softball season and the playoff picture has become clearer.
The Concho Valley could have 11 representatives in the postseason when all is said and done. It could also have as few as 10 schools in the playoffs.
The team that could affect that number is San Angelo Central. The Lady Cats are currently one game behind fourth place Euless Trinity. The Lady Cats have two games this week -- Fort Worth Richland and Haltom. Both are must-wins. If Central were to drop one game and Trinity were to win one of their final two, that would see Central out of postseason contention.
Eldorado needs to win their final game to clinch a playoff berth. They play Menard on Tuesday.
Miles and Winters each clinched their playoff spot with wins on Friday.
Wall clinched a share of the District 4-3A crown with a win over Ballinger on Friday. They will look to clinch the outright title on Tuesday against Reagan County.
District 4-3A's playoff representatives have been set. The only thing left to do is sort out seeding between Grape Creek and Brady. The two will play on Monday. The winner will be the third seed, while the loser will be the fourth seed.
Here are the district standings as of April 15.
- Abilene (22-1-2, 11-0)-y: Beat Weatherford 8-2. Next vs Trinity, April 16.
- Hurst Bell (18-8, 7-3)-x: Beat Central 7-3. Next vs Haltom, April 16.
- Fort Worth Richland (9-13, 5-4): Beat Haltom 17-0. Next vs Central, April 15.
- Euless Trinity (20-8, 5-5): Idle. Next @ Abilene, April 16.
- Central (10-14-1, 4-6): Lost to Bell 7-3. Next @ Richland, April 15.
- Weatherford (6-15, 3-7): Lost to Abilene 8-2. Next vs Richland, April 16.
- Fort Worth Haltom (2-21, 0-10): Lost to Richland 17-0. Next @ Bell, April 16.
- Big Spring (16-4, 7-0)-y: Beat Sweetwater 4-3. Next vs Greenwood, April 16.
- Snyder (11-14-1, 4-3)-x: Beat Greenwood 7-0. Next vs Lake View, April 16.
- Sweetwater (8-15, 4-4)-x: Lost to Big Spring 4-3. Idle.
- Midland Greenwood (7-14-1, 3-4)-x: Lost to Snyder 7-0. Next @ Big Spring, April 16.
- Lake View (7-21, 0-7): Lost to Abilene Cooper (non-district). Next @ Snyder, April 16.
- Wall (11-16, 9-2)-y: Beat Ballinger 5-4. Next vs Reagan County, April 16.
- Ballinger (9-7-1, 8-3)-x: Lost to Wall 5-4. Next @ TLCA, April 16.
- Grape Creek (8-7, 7-4)-x: Beat TLCA 15-0. Next @ Brady, April 15.
- Brady (7-4, 7-4)-x: Beat Sonora 12-1. Next vs Grape Creek, April 15.
- Reagan County (11-7, 5-6): Idle. Next @ Wall, April 16.
- Sonora (5-19, 2-10): Lost to Brady 12-1. Idle.
- TLCA (5-23, 1-10): Lost to Grape Creek 15-0. Next vs Ballinger, April 16.
- Mason (15-7, 9-0)-x: Beat Eldorado 15-1. Next @ Harper, April 15.
- Harper (15-9, 8-1)-x: Beat Junction 12-6. Next vs Mason, April 15.
- Junction (11-9, 4-4)-x: Lost to Harper 12-6. Next vs Christoval (DH), April 15.
- Eldorado (6-11, 3-6): Lost to Mason 15-1. Next vs Menard, April 16.
- Menard (2-7, 2-6)-x: Beat Christoval 15-5. Next @ Eldorado, April 16.
- Christoval (0-8, 0-8): Lost to Menard 15-5. Next @ Junction (DH), April 15.
Note: Menard clinches a playoff berth as the only 1A school in the district.
- Hermleigh (8-5, 6-1)-x: Idle. Next @ Hamlin, April 16.
- Rotan (7-4, 6-2)-x: Idle. Next @ Miles, April 16.
- Winters (15-7, 6-2)-x: Beat Hamlin 26-10. Next @ Roby, April 16.
- Miles (12-12, 5-4)-x: Beat Roby 26-11. Next vs Rotan, April 16.
- Roby (1-7, 1-7): Lost to Miles 26-11. Next vs Winters, April 16.
- Hamlin (0-8, 0-8): Lost to Winters 26-10. Next vs Hermleigh, April 16.
y- clinched district championship x- clinched playoffs