Boys Basketball Playoff Pairings: Bi-District
SAN ANGELO, TX -- The UIL boy's basketball playoffs begin this week and 17 teams from the Concho Valley will take the court.
The Central Bobcats beat Abilene and Fort Worth Richland in a seeding tournament for District 3-6A's fourth place. It's the first playoff appearance for the Bobcats since 2016 and the first under head coach Dustin Faught, who's in his third year at Central.
The Bobcats will face District 4-6A winner North Crowley.
The Lake View Chiefs are in the playoffs for the second time in three years. The Chiefs made it out of District 5-4A as the fourth seed and will play District 6-4A winner Graham.
Wall, TLCA, Ballinger and Brady were the four teams that made it out of District 4-3A.
Eldorado won the second seed in 7-2A after beating Christoval in a seeding game. Winters was also the fourth place team from the same district.
Mason and Junction each made the playoffs from District 27-2A.
By virtue of winning their districts in Class 1A, Eden and Irion County will have byes in the bi-district round.
Here are the bi-district pairings:
- Central (F3) vs #3 North Crowley (W4), Monday, Feb. 18, 7:00 p.m. @ Eastland
- Lake View (F5) vs Graham (W6), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:00 p.m. @ Clyde
- #11 Wall (W4) vs Anthony (F3), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 4:30 p.m. @ Fort Stockton
- TLCA (R4) vs Kermit (T3), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7:00 p.m. @ Stanton
- Ballinger (T4) vs Alpine (R3), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:00 p.m. @ Midland Christian
- Brady (F4) vs Crane (W3), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7:00 p.m. @ Lake View
- Eldorado (R7) vs Haskell (T8), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:30 p.m. @ Jim Ned
- Christoval (T7) vs Albany (R8), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 8:00 p.m. @ Coleman
- Winters (F7) vs Stamford (W8), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 8:00 p.m. @ Eula
- Mason (W27) vs Sabinal (F27), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:00 p.m. @ Ingram
- Junction (T27) vs San Antonio Stayce (R27), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:30 p.m. @ Schreiner Univ., Kerrville
- Garden City (T8) vs O'Donnell (R7), Monday, Feb. 18, 6:30 p.m. @ Andrews
- Irion County - bye
- Eden - bye
- Robert Lee (R11) vs Panther Creek (T12), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:00 p.m. @ Robert Lee
- Menard (R12) vs Veribest (T11), Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:30 p.m. @ Coleman.