Here's When the Oaks St. Bridge Construction Will be Finished


SAN ANGELO, TX - The Oakes Street Bridge repair project is scheduled to be completed later this month.

The Texas Department of Transportation says significant progress has been made, with the contractor currently standing at 83% complete.

Key milestones achieved include concluding all concrete repairs and expansion joint work. 

TxDOT says the final phase involves the application of the concrete surface to the bridge deck, marking the last significant step before the bridge is fully restored to operational status.

The extensive repair initiative, which began on June 2, 2023, necessitated the closure of the Oakes St. Bridge from Concho Ave. to Allen St. in downtown San Angelo. 

Initially projected to span nine months, the timeline is now on track for completion by the end of March.

The Texas Department of Transportation covers 90% of the overall project cost. The City of San Angelo matched the remaining 10%. 

It's worth noting that although the City of San Angelo owns the Oakes Street Bridge, the repair project is being executed in coordination with the TxDOT Bridge Division. 

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close