SAN ANGELO—The Angelo State University Symphony Orchestra will be joined by student performers from Central and Lake View high schools to present its final concert of the spring season on Friday, May 5, at Southland Baptist Church, 4300 Meadow Creek Trail.
Titled "Generations," the concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public. The program will also feature two special guest soloists, Dr. Darkson Magrinelli of the Western Colorado University music faculty and David Faught from Central HS.
The musical program for the concert will include:
- "Prelude to 49th Parallel" by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- "Double Bass Concerto No. 2 in B minor" by Giovanni Bottesini - Featuring Faught on double bass
- "Clarinet Concerto in A Major" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Featuring Magrinelli on clarinet
- "L'Arlesienne Suite No. 2" by Georges Bizet
- "Conga del Fuego Nuevo" by Arturo Marquez
The ASU Symphony Orchestra includes over 40 student musicians and is directed by Dr. Fagner Magrinelli Rocha, assistant professor of music.