SAN ANGELO – The San Angelo Community Band is holding a free concert Monday, June 20 at Southland Baptist Church.
The San Angelo Community Band, under the direction of Dr. Constance Kelley, will hold a concert at the Southland Baptist Church on June, 20, 2022, at 7:00 p.m.
The concert is titled, "Out of this World!" and will feature space worthy songs such as:
- A Suite from "The Planets"- by Gustav Holst
- "Beautiful Colorado"- by Joseph De Luca (featuring Jake Martin on euphonium)
- Music from "Apollo 13"- by James Horner- a medley of themes from the movie
- "Battle Hymn of the Republic"- setting by Peter J. Wilhousky (featuring the Southland Baptist Church Choir)
- "Fly Me to the Moon" by Bart Howard (featuring Dr. Tim Lyles, an associate pastor of worship at Southland Baptist Church)
The event will be held in the Southland Baptist Church municipal building and is free for the public to attend.
The San Angelo Community Band has over 50 local and area musicians and includes Angelo State University students and faculty as well as community members. The band has been performing for over 30 years.
After this performance, the next concert the San Angelo Community Band will be playing is San Angelo LIVE's Star Spangled Banner Concert & Fireworks on July 3rd, 2022 at the Bill Aylor Sr. Memorial River Stage.
More more information or to join the community band, visit the San Angelo Community Band website HERE.