SAN ANGELO, TX – The City is still working to pressurize our system; please continue to conserve water while our system pressurizes. We are currently still under a citywide boil water notice. In the meantime, here are some answers to common questions we have seen on social media.
• Information about rescinding a boil water notice:
- A boil water notice cannot be rescinded until repairs have been completed, pressures are above minimum requirements, mains have been flushed, chlorine residual is acceptable and water samples have been collected and tested acceptable.
- Once all of that is done then water samples are taken throughout town. Those samples alone require a minimum of 18 hours for completion. This process can take up to 1-2 days. These types of samples do not have to be sent off to Austin and can be processed locally.
- You may see City employees flushing hydrants as a part of this process. Once our technicians begin taking samples from the field, we will let the public know.
• Because some areas had either low pressure or no pressure at all, some residents may experience odors with the tap water or discoloration. These are both normal during this boil notice process and can be addressed by flushing water through your pipes for a short amount of time. Please remember that under a boil water notice you must boil the water before consumption.
The City of San Angelo will provide progress updates as they become available. Public notification will be given when the boil water notice is rescinded.
Please review cosatx.us/boilnotice. This webpage has a wealth of information for the public regarding boil water notices.