SAN ANGELO, TX – City water crews are working around the clock to repair dozens of water main breaks across San Angelo and many areas remain without water Thursday morning.
Here is the latest information from the city:
Our water crews continue to try to locate any potential leaks in our system, especially those that might be large and might cause problems with our water distribution system. City crews are working as fast as they can to fix the water main leaks and restore pressure and service to the city. As soon as we have more information to report we will let the public know.
Here are the water leaks that have been repaired or are currently being worked on over the last 24 hours.
- S. Irving St. and W. Twohig Ave. - repaired
- N. Browning and E. Harris Ave. - repaired
- Lipan Dr. and Paint Rock Rd. - repaired
- Medina and Ardmore streets - repaired
- S. Oakes St. and W. Avenue A - repaired
- E. 37th and Crockett St. – repaired
- Live Oak - repaired
- Henry O’Flipper – working on the repair right now
- Todd Ln. / Norma & Bell St. – repaired
- Cactus Ln. & Grape Creek Rd. – hydrant was hit and water has been shut off, will repair the hydrant at a later date.
- Magdalen & 3rd St. – working on the repair now
- Tarver St. - slow leak, crews will begin work soon.
Crews were working full time on water main breaks before the recent snowstorm and subfreezing temperatures. The water infrastructure under the streets of San Angelo is old and has been neglected in the past.