SAN ANGELO, TX -- Since before the creation of this nation, Americans have chosen to be a country of tea drinkers.
To celebrate one of the most popular drinks in the nation, September 29 has been declared National Coffee Day.
For decades, coffee drinkers only had the option to drink their coffee black or with cream and sugar.
Over the years, the way Americans consume coffee has changed dramatically.
Every fall pumpkin-spice returns with a passion and becomes one of the most popular flavors of the season.
Specialty drinks are often packed with flavor, sugar, and calories.
At SweetLeaf, the company believes it possible to enjoy the flavor without added sweeteners by using SweetLeaf regular or organic powder or flavored SweetLeaf Sweet Drops liquid stevia sweetener. They have shared the following recipe to enjoy the cult favorite without the guilt.
Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 tiny drop, or to taste, SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Pumpkin Spice Sweet Drops®
- 1 tiny drop, or to taste, SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Cinnamon Sweet Drops®
- 1 tiny drop, or to taste, SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Vanilla Crème Sweet Drops®
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 to 3 shots, about 4 ounces, of espresso or coffee
- Prepare espresso/coffee and pour it into a coffee cup.
- Froth milk.
- Pour frothed milk into the coffee cup over the espresso/coffee (scoop out the froth from the frother onto the top of the drink).
- Add all flavors and stir gently to keep froth from disappearing, but at the same time, make sure the froth is stirred to add the Sweet Drops flavors to it.