SAN ANGELO, TX — Keep San Angelo Beautiful will be hosting a Free Household Hazardous Waste Disposal event on Saturday, September 19, 2020.
The event will be held at the San Angelo Coliseum and will require no contact between event staff and those dropping off items. A water or electric bill must be presented in order to participate in the event.
“This is a great opportunity to clear out the clutter and bring your hazardous waste items to the Coliseum for disposal,” said the organization on Facebook. “Collected items will be re-cycled, re-used, and/or incinerated. This event will continue while collection resources are available.”
The following items will be accepted at the disposal event:
- Flammable liquids and solids
- Pesticides & herbicides (liquids and solids)
- Fluorescent bulbs (tubes & CFL’s)
- Propane cylinders (camp size & BBQ)
- Corrosive liquids & solids
- Oxidizers (pool chemicals)
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Used oil & used oil filters
- Mercury items
- Freon cylinders (lecture/small, not from businesses)
- Fire extinguishers
- Rechargeable batteries (NiCad, nickel-metal hybrid)
- Alkaline, Lithium, & Lithium-Ion batteries.
For more information call 325-486-3771 or by contacting Charlotte Anderson, the Executive Director of Keep San Angelo Beautiful.