All Criminal Hearings and Jury Trials for June in Tom Green County CanceledPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX – Even as businesses across Texas slowly begin to re-open, the Tom Green County District court has announced they have canceled all jury trials for the month of June.
The following announcements were by Judge Weatherby who serves as the judge of the 340th District and Local Administrate Judge.
- All Final Criminal Pre-Trial hearings scheduled for June 2, 220 at 9:00 are canceled.
- All Initial Criminal Pre-Trial hearings scheduled for June 2, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. are canceled.
- All 28.01 Criminal Pre-Trial hearings scheduled for June 10, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. are canceled
- All Criminal Status Pre-Trial hearings scheduled for June 10, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. are canceled.
- All Motion-To-Revoke Pre-Trial hearings for the month of June are canceled.
The courts anticipate issuing a separate order regarding the duties of attorneys in connection with those matters previously set for pre-trials in April, May, and June.
Any party with an objection to the final pre-trial or jury trial dates in the Original Order Settings Hearings, then the objecting party must file a written objection to the dates for the dates no later than June 2, 2020.
The objections must specify a month that the case will be ready and when all attorneys will be available.
Failure to file a written objection waives any objections to the remaining scheduled hearings.
Vacation letters filed on or after the date of the initial pre-trial deadline do not change this schedule unless a Motion for Continuance is filed in this case and the court grants the Motion for Continuance.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.