Hoffman and Halfmann Retire; Huffman is Promoted at SAFD Ceremony
SAN ANGELO, TX — San Angelo Fire Department celebrated four retirees and four promotions Monday at the Central Fire Station, 306 W 1st St.
The four retirees from the department are:
- Lieutenant Hal Hoffman, who has served 28 years with the department
- Driver Greg Halfmann, who has served 24 years with the department
- Fire Investigator Karla Steppe, who has served over 27 years with the department
- Driver Mel Reyes, who has served 22 years with the department. He was unable to make the ceremony.
The four promotions at the department included:
- Lieutenant Jason Jacoby, who was pinned by his brother at the ceremony
- Driver Josh Wascom
- Driver Joey Huffman, who was pinned by his girlfriend
- Driver Nathan Havlak, who was pinned by his aunt.
“We will miss colleagues who have been with the San Angelo Fire Department for more than two decades,” Fire Chief Brian Dunn said. “But we love honoring their service and wishing them well in their future endeavors. It’s also gratifying to celebrate firefighters who have worked tremendously hard to move into positions of greater responsibility and leadership within the department.”
The ceremony was held inside the Central Station’s engine holding hanger.
Mayor Brenda Gunter, City Manager Daniel Valenzuela, City Councilman Lane Carter, many friends and family, fellow firefighters, and more were there to support and congratulate the honorees.
Cake and drinks were served while everyone took turns shaking hands with the honorees. Those retiring were thanked for their time and service serving the San Angelo Fire Department. Those being promoted were congratulated and thanked as they continue to build their careers with the department.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.