Are Those Storm Clouds Rolling in Again in San Angelo?
SAN ANGELO, TX -- Clouds are rolling into the San Angelo area again Friday evening, but are they severe storm clouds?
No. According to the National Weather Service Office in San Angelo, look for mainly showers to continue across West Central Texas this afternoon mainly along and south of a line from Sterling City to Brownwood. Rainfall amounts will be generally less than one tenth of an inch.
There is a moderate chance of additional thunderstorms and rainfall over the weekend. The NWS says scattered thunderstorms are possible through the weekend and into early next week. Most of these storms will produce just dangerous cloud to ground lightning and brief heavy rainfall. However, a few storms may become strong and approach severe levels, and with those storms, large hail and damaging winds would be the main hazards.
The forecast calls for a 30 percent chance of rain tonight and Saturday night and then a 40 percent chance of rain Sunday and Sunday night then a 30 percent chance again on Monday and Monday night.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.