Clothes Dryer Catches Fire on N. Bishop in San Angelo
Smoke could be seen rising above the trees just north of W. Beauregard early Monday evening as a structure fire alarm sounded at the San Angelo Fire Department. The call came in at 7:39 p.m. for a structure fire at the 200 block of N. Bishop, about a mile west of downtown.
Three engines responded.
At the scene by the time everyone arrived, no smoke could be seen, but a distinct haze was in the air and it smelled like fireworks.
The owner of the home told us that her clothes dryer caught fire in the back near the garden hose. She attempted to extinguish the fire herself, but was unsuccessful. She then vacated her house and called the fire department.
No one was injured and the owner of the home was the only one there, she said. Her dogs appeared to be safe too.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.